For an organization’s information technology, infrastructure management services (IMS) is the management of essential operation components, such as policies, processes, equipment, data, human resources, and external contacts, for overall effectiveness.
Among other purposes, infrastructure management seeks to:
- Reduce duplication of effort
- Ensure adherence to standards
- Enhance the flow of information throughout an information system
- Promote adaptability necessary for a changeable environment
- Ensure interoperability among organizational and external entities
- Maintain effective change management policies and practices
Although all business activities depend upon the infrastructure, planning and projects to ensure its effective management are typically undervalued to the detriment of the organization. Investments in infrastructure management have the largest single impact on an organization’s revenue and continued relevancy.
At WTS, we assist our customers from single application environments all the way up to enterprise infrastructures. We provide expertise in all phases of the Plan-Build-Run-Monitor cycle of infrastructures that support business.